28 November 2014

Soap & Glory Brow Pencil

left normal, right smudged with the brush
left with pencil, right natural
left with pencil, right natural
I'll be the first to admit that I'm quite lazy when it comes to brows. I've never had them properly seen to and the only brow maintenance that I do myself is pluck any stray hairs every now and then. I fill them in occasionally with eyeshadow, but sometimes I just don't bother. It's not that I think my brows look fine as they are in their natural state, I can see that they are sparse and look sort of grey (??why??), I've just never found a product that makes them look the way I want them too. Until today that is! Well actually a month ago, but that sounded far more dramatic. 
I've always wanted a brow pencil with a spooly brush attached that didn't cost a ridiculous amount of money and Soap & Glory have delivered in every aspect. I got mine from Boots where it cost £8, which when compared to other similar products is really reasonable. 
They have two colours, Blondeshell and Hot Chocolate. Now I'm not delusional, I clearly do not have blonde or light brown hair, but for some reason light browns like Blondeshell look nicer and more natural on my brows as opposed to darker browns. My hair is naturally very dark brown/soft black so you would think dark brown would work nicely, but I just find that my brows look too strong. So choosing the colour depends on how you like your brows to look, strong and dark or soft and light. 
The pencil part is very thin which makes it really easy to fill in the brows with precise strokes to imitate brow hairs. The brush is quite stiff and blends the pencil out really nicely to create a more natural effect. The pencil itself is extremely thin and light, which makes it great for popping in your travel makeup bag without weighing it down and taking up too much space. Overall I love how natural this product makes my brows look. I can't find any faults! It also makes doing my brows so much easier than messing them up with a darker colour and having to redo them all over again (yes that has happened), using multiple products or just adding a bit of eyeshadow and hoping for the best. 
I actually enjoy filling in my brows now! Who would have thought! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)