24 September 2014

BellaLisa Valmor


While on holiday in Lisbon, we stumbled across this amazing restaurant, that was right near our hotel. It's gems like this that make me so excited to blog all about them. It's an Italian restaurant called BellaLisa Valmor and is located on the Avenida Visconde Valmor. I'll link their website here.
We enjoyed our meal so much that we went back two more times. That hardly ever occurs whenever we go away. 
The staff were all really, exceptionally friendly and engaging and the decor was really charming and quaint, yet still modern.
On the first night, they were offering everyone a starter on the house, which we accepted of course. We never usually order starters but if it's free, why not. 
When it arrived, I was a bit doubtful about whether I would enjoy it. It was a Bruschetta Bella Lisa, which is a slice of garlic bread with goats cheese, honey drizzled over it and topped with a raspberry and a walnut. It was mouthwateringly delicious. I knew honey and goats cheese worked well together, but I would never have thought to put a raspberry on top, but it tasted amazing.
I had Spaghetti Carbonara on the first night and Taglietelle Piemonte on the second night, while Stefane preferred to have pizzas both times (Pizza Calzone Milanese and Pizza Gamberoni, to be exact.) 
On the third night, I only took photos of our dessert for some reason. We shared a delicious tiramisu and both had teeny tiny coffees, which are called "bica".
My only regret is that I didn't try the Spaghetti alla forma, but I did manage to snap a picture of one of the staff making it. They do it in front of the people who have ordered it and I have never seen anything like it. They scrape the inside of a huge parmesan wheel, then they add cooked spaghetti with cream and mix it all together, while adding truffle oil. To finish, they serve it with some ham and it looks amazing! 
Price wise, it's all really reasonable and I would even say more on the cheaper side of the scale. It's definitely worth a visit, if you want brilliant quality food for a good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)