5 September 2014

Current Hair Care Routine

Hi everyone,
It has taken a few years of trying and testing hair products to find the ones that actually work well for me, and what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't share them with you.
I have tried all kinds of products, from high end to ones that are cheap as chips (from Poundland!) and have come to the conclusion that when it comes to shampoos and conditioners, price doesn't really change much. A really expensive shampoo will clean your hair just as well as a cheap one. It's the before and after shower products that I personally like to splurge on. 

I don't use the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme before every hair wash (I wash my hair every 2 or 3 days, which doesn't mean I shower every 2-3 days just in case you were worried!) just because it's so expensive and I want to be able to spread it out over a couple of months. I usually use it every Sunday because Sunday equals pamper day. I only started using it this year and am already on my second tub, that's how much I love the stuff. I have really noticed a huge difference, my hair is less damaged despite having had it dyed and bleached back in April. My hair has never been in better condition and I feel like this product plays a huge factor in that. If you want to read my full review, I will link it here.

I tend to change up my shampoo and conditioner a lot, but these are the two I always come back to. Nothing fancy or expensive, just good old Nivea. There are several different Nivea shampoos and conditioners that I like, one of which being the Long Repair range, but the ones I am currently using are the Diamond Gloss shampoo and conditioner. I adore the smell of them more than anything and it's the kind of scent that clings to the hair for a long time, and they do add a lovely shine to my hair. I shampoo twice and then use the conditioner on my lengths and ends and leave it on for a while before rinsing.

Now for after care. I have tried many different oils and my number one is MoroccanOil. It works best for my hair out of all of the ones I have previously tried. I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of it so I won't go into too much detail. I apply it on towel dried hair, just on the lengths and ends and then comb it through with my tangle teezer. 
Then I use Kérastase Ciment Thermique, also on the lengths and ends, and comb my hair again. I have a review of this as well, so I will leave a link here. I feel like these two products combined tame the frizz and keep my hair nice and shiny looking. 
And finally, I use a heat defense spray and the one I am currently using is the Lee Stafford Straight Heat Protection. It smells amazing, I love the smell of all of the Lee Stafford products. I spray it all over my hair, brush it through and then tie it all up in a towel.

When my hair is mostly dry, I use my hair dryer to finish it. I usually section my hair into three parts to make sure it's properly dried. 
And that's all I do in terms of hair care. I usually avoid using anything on my hair when it's dry, because it just makes my hair greasy. On day 3, I do tend to use dry shampoo on the roots if I choose to wear my hair down, but it usually lasts nicely and doesn't get horribly greasy on day 3.

Hope this has been helpful to some of you. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. great post, I use a lot of hair products because I have dip dye and my ends are really dry! I love that Kerastase product but havent tried moroccan oil before, might give it a go. would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I adore MoroccanOil, it's a life saver! x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)