5 May 2014

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme


After having had highlights done, I decided to invest in some products that would keep my hair nice and soft. The first product I bought was the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme. It's a pre-shampoo treatment specifically meant for coarse, damaged, dry hair. It claims to add elasticity and to strengthen the hair, as well as smoothing and adding shine to the hair. 
I've never used a pre-shampoo treatment before so I wasn't sure what to expect. You are meant to apply this to wet hair and then put on the shower cap that is provided and let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes. Not wanting to stay in the bathroom for 20 minutes, I wet my hair in the sink and put the treatment on, focusing on the length and ends rather than the roots. I wasn't sure whether I was meant to use this on my roots, but I try not to use any kind of product apart from shampoo on my roots, so they don't get oily. Then I put the shower cap on for 20 minutes and did some work. When I rinsed it in the shower my hair already felt soft and had almost no tangles which is definitely new. I hadn't brushed my hair beforehand so I was expecting it to be a knotted mess. I made sure all the product was rinsed out before shampooing and conditioning as usual. 
The box says to use this every time you shower, but I don't think I will because it was expensive and who actually has the time to do that? I will probably do this once a week. 
It left my hair feeling very soft and I thought my hair was a lot more manageable. Even after blow drying and straightening, my hair still felt soft, even the bleached parts. I also noticed that there weren't a lot of split ends. So far this product gets a thumbs up from me.
I bought mine from lookfantastic and it cost 27,27€.
Have any of you tried this before? What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have a sample size of the Elasticizer and although it's nice I haven't felt the need to splash out on the real thing... I sometimes leave it on overnight to give my hair a real treat! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try that, I've been looking for an overnight treatment. Lookfantastic is good because they always have special offers if you ever do want to buy it! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)