6 October 2014

Intense Liner & a Hint of Plum


This look is quite similar to my last FOTD, except with a lot more eyeliner and even a flick! I don't tend to stress too much about how even the flicks turn out because I have accepted the fact that they will never be perfect. And no one is really going to be checking them either! 
Since this look was going to be focusing mainly on the eye liner, I decided to keep the eyeshadow rather soft and light, which is why I used a mix of Naked Lunch and Charcoal Brown. 
Whenever I do my makeup, there is always an inevitable point where it looks crap and I feel like wiping my face clean and maybe throw something. This point came just after I had done the eyeliner. The They're Real liner decided to choose today to be the day that it would be tricky to handle and had a lot of clumps that caught on my lashes, which is so frustrating. In the end I chose not to give up and after I applied my Maybelline mascara, it started to look like it was coming together. Because the liner was so thick, I ended up putting on a second coat of mascara, this time using the Chanel one. I didn't dare go too crazy though because I really hate clumpy lashes. This was almost too much to bare so I refrained from looking at my lashes for too long. The struggle is real, guys.
I chose MAC's Hot Gossip for my lips as it has a bit of a muted plum tone to it (ok, it is essentially pink on my lips but I tried to be autumn appropriate and that's all that counts). It actually went well with my top, so all was good in the world.
And yes, I am well aware that there was a piece of fluff on my lashes and it is horribly annoying but ho hum, what can I do?
(Retake all the photos but ain't nobody got time for that.)

Face:
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Cool Medium 2:
on blemishes
Manhattan Soft Compact Powder in 0 Transparent:
to set the concealer

Eyes & Eyebrows:
MAC eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown:
 to fill in my brows
NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base:
all over my eye lid and crease
MAC eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown:
 blended through the crease and a tiny bit on the lid over Naked Lunch
MAC eyeshadow in Dark Brown:
blended in the outer part of the lid and on the lower lash line
MAC eyeshadow in Naked Lunch:
all over the lid, blended
MAC eyeshadow in Sable:
 on the lower lash line
MAC eyeshadow in Naked Lunch:
in the inner corner of the eye, as a highlight
Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner:
on the top lash line, starting from the inner corner 
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero:
to line the top waterline
Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara
Chanel Inimitable Mascara

Lips: 
MAC Hot Gossip lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)