9 February 2015

Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Eye Set

L-R: 315 Finer Liner, 237 Detail Shader, 317 Wing Liner, 230 Luxe Pencil, 322 Brow Line, 226 Smudger, 224 Luxe Defined Crease, 234 Luxe Smoky Shader, 228 Luxe Crease, 231 Luxe Petit Crease, 227 Luxe Soft Definer, 142 Concealer Buffer
Last year I bought my first set of rose gold Zoeva brushes (blogpost here) and I have been in love with them ever since. So when I saw that Zoeva had a whole rose gold set dedicated to eyes, it was only natural that they were the first thing I put on my Christmas wishlist. And my amazing mum bought them for me! Thanks mum!
If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may know that I don't do too much to my face when I apply makeup (although recently I have been branching out and using things like bronzer and highlight). I have sensitive skin which means I skip the foundation step and don't like having too much powder on my face either, so I usually just focus on my eyes. I love playing around with eyeshadows and liners and that obviously requires a few different brushes (or no brushes at all for some people!). I mentioned in my other Zoeva blogpost that I can be quite lazy when it comes to washing my brushes. I try to do them once a week, but let's be honest here, I do sometimes 'forget' (read: knowingly put the thought of washing brushes to the back of my mind). 
Funnily enough, I don't own that many brushes that are meant for eyeshadow. I have a few Real Techniques ones, as well as the Urban Decay Naked palette brushes. So that's one reason as to why I so desperately wanted these brushes. The other being that they are ROSE GOLD. Ok breathe. I have been obsessed with rose gold for a while (January 2012 to be precise) just like the rest of the beauty world. And can you blame us? Look how beautiful it looks! Brushes, jewellery, home decor, everything. (Maybe not everything, but you get the point.) Apart from being incredible at their job as makeup brushes (I'll go into more detail in a minute), they also make my dressing table look beautiful.
Moving on to their function and all of the details. You get 12 brushes in a set which is great especially when you look at the price of the set (65€). That equates to exactly 5,41€ per brush which is amazing value for money.
The set comes in another fancy brown pouch with the rose golden Zoeva logo embossed on it. These are really handy for travelling as it can be rather tricky to find makeup bags that are long enough to fit brushes in. I used the other one every time I traveled last year and will definitely be putting this one to good use too.
All of the brushes are incredibly soft and work like magic. They make applying makeup really simple and fast. I also found that they are easy to clean, the powders/liners seem to disappear after the first few seconds of washing them. They dry fairly quickly too and go back to their original shape, although I did find that some of them had a few sticky out bristles, but nothing too bad and I could easily push them back into place. (If you want to see how I wash my brushes, click here.)
Like the original brush set, this one comes with the 227 Luxe Soft Definer (great for blending, I actually prefer it to my MAC 217 brush), the 231 Luxe Petit Crease (the name says it all, it's great at getting right in the crease), the 142 Concealer Buffer (again, the name says it all but this one is also great for blending eyeshadows together) and the 317 Wing Liner (which I use to fill in my brows with powder). I honestly don't mind having these brushes twice, because they are incredibly useful and it's always good to have a few extra clean options for blending eyeshadows for example. 
I really like that there is a brush for everything. You can obviously use them however you want, but I personally use the majority of them how they are 'meant' to be used. 
As well as the brushes I've just mentioned, you also get a bunch of others. The 224 Luxe Defined Crease is like a slightly thinner, longer version of the 227, it's great at blending shadows through the crease and all over the lid. The 234 Luxe Smokey Shader is the perfect brush for applying colour to the lid and I also like using the 226 Smudger to do that too, especially when you want to apply an eyeshadow to the lashline. The 228 Luxe Crease is a bigger version of the Petit Crease brush, again great for applying eyeshadow in the crease. The 315 Finer Liner brush makes applying liner (gel, kohl, shadow) so easy and I often find it difficult using a separate brush for that job but I really like this brush! The brush itself is really small and tapered, and the dent makes the application so simple. I love using the tiny 237 Detail Shader to apply highlight to the inner corner of my eye and also on the brow bone. It's like a really small version of the Smoky Shader. The 230 Luxe Pencil is great for smudging liner and apply shadow on the lower lashline. And finally there's the 322 Brow Line which is the only brush I haven't actually used yet. I always mean to use it to fill in my brows whenever I feel like using a powder but I always end up forgetting. It has a slight angle but is quite a bit thicker than your usual standard brow brush. 
Once again, Zoeva have delivered. You can check them out here. I have yet to try out any of their makeup though and am actually quite tempted to get one of their palettes!
Have you tried any Zoeva brushes?

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear... I think I want these now as well! Although I have the Real Techniques set too which are also very good, I just fancy the uniformity of having all rose gold brushes in my brush jar! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe sorry! They do look beautiful though xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)