1 January 2012

New Year's Tag | 2011

Naty tagged me, so I thought I'd get right on it! Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures on my laptop, so the ones I do have will have to do.

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I stopped going to school for personal reasons, but that's a negative answer, so I'll put a good one too. I went on holiday without my family/parents for the first time ever and I feel quite proud to have survived those two weeks with two messy, loud boys (boyfriend & brother).
Stefane and I in Javea
2. What countries did you visit?
Javea and Denia in Spain, Paris and Nîmes in France, Trier in Germany and England, of course.
my brother and I in Javea
3. What moments from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
Going to see Enrique Iglesias live in concert and the road trip to Spain was unforgettable too. And visiting London twice!
my mum and I at the Enrique concert
4. Where did most of your money go?
I spent most of it on our summer holiday, and the rest on Christmas presents and my Christmas money was spent in London, spoiling my boyfriend and myself (a lot of make-up!)
Winter Wonderland
5. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Oh god, I don't know! So many! Passion Pit - Moth's Wings, LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem, B.O.B. - Beast Mode  to name a few!

 6. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd spent more time with certain people and less with others! I also wish I'd started blogging earlier, I was a little bit nervous, because I'm a make-up beginner and I didn't think anyone would bother reading it anyway.

7. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being upset about silly things, things have been but into perspective now, but I wish I'd known not to worry about little things a lot earlier.

8. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
At home with the family, eating raclette! And we'll let off some fireworks too :)

9. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm still in love with my boyfriend, and as slushy as it sounds, we do say we fall more in love with each other every day. YES I AM ONE OF THOSE LOVEY-DOVEY PEOPLE, THE ONES I SNEER AT. So ashamed. Haha
 

10. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I prefer not to waste time hating people, despite the fact that certain people deserve it. I just ignore them. You meet a lot of fake people in your life, so why waste time and energy hating them? They aren't worth it.

11. What did you want and get?
I wanted a new start, which I suppose I've got. I haven't solved every problem, and I'm still in a bit of a rut, but I feel like trying to get out of it, which is a big step up for me. I've lost many friends on the way, but I suppose that just shows who's there for you when you really need them. I also got an iPhone, a camera and a laptop, which sounds like I'm really spoilt but I'm really not! My boyfriend likes to help me out the best he can :)

12. What did you want and not get?
A school  that does the subjects that I want to do! Luxembourg is so narrow-minded with their schools, you can either end up working in a bank, or just do nothing. 

13. What was your favourite film(s) of this year?
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2., The Kings Speech, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,... There were so many!

14. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't really do too much for my 19th birthday, we went out for dinner in a really nice restaurant, and the following day was spent up north in a castle, which was a bit random but fun all the same.


15. Who was the best new person/people you met?
I don't think I've met any new people this year, who are worth writing about. I discovered beauty blogs and beauty gurus on YouTube, so all my readers, and all the blogs I read can count as the best new people I met :)

16. Did you learn anything?
I learnt a bit more Portuguese and I also learnt that I cannot speak even a tiny bit of Spanish. It was so bad, we needed a dictionary.

17. Who did you spend Valentines Day with?
My boyfriend, although I bought him a bag of goodies a week before and I was so excited I gave them to him. A week before.


18. Do you live in the same place you did at the beginning of the year?
Yep.

19. Did you change your hair?
Not really, just the usual. I tried growing it out, but the damage had been done in 2010 due to my overuse of hair straighteners.

20. Any weddings in 2011?
None that I attended. My cousin got married in April but sadly we couldn't go.

21. Any babies in 2011?
Nope.

22. So overall was it a good year?
It could have been worse. Compared to 2010 it was a crap year, but there are a lot of people worse off than I am.

23. Were you naughty or nice?
I was perfectly nice, as always.

24. What's your New Year's Resolution?
Get back on my feet and find some good friends!


Happy New Year everyone! 
I tag anyone who wants to do this tag! I'd love to read them!

3 comments:

  1. Love the post, sounds like you had a good year. Hope 2012 brings everything you wish for :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Olympus camera is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh i liked reading your tag!!I usually don't cus they sound forced most of times, but no you. U're such a good person i can tell! And those big gorgeous eyes u have!!
    Happy New year to you as well!!
    You're not alone, even though i'm Portuguese i don't speak Spanish at all not even one bit, it all comes out so weird ahaha (and u know Spanish and Portuguese are very similar languages ):p i guess to speak spanish u need to sort off sing while speaking ahahaha
    U should definitely go to Portimão it's gorgeous check my recent photos of the place to get a better image;)
    Beijinhos***

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)