16 January 2012

My Make-Up Collection Just Grew A Whole Lot Bigger

As promised, here are the eyeshadow palettes I got for Christmas. I don't use much else, like foundation or bronzer etc. and Christmas day was the first day I've actually worn lipstick (apart from when I was a child and stole borrowed my mum's lipsticks.) Anyway, everyone in my family knows this which is why they got eyeshadows, which is great because I can never have too many! Yes, the Naked palette is also on here again, because I got it with the money my parents gave me. Excuse the swatches, I'm not very experienced and also the lighting could have been better. 

l-r: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
1. Urban Decay's Naked Palette

I know, everyone and their mums has this palette. And there are about 828249059589 blog reviews, so I'll keep this short. I love this. End of.
Just kidding. For anyone who doesn't know this neutral palette, it's the first of two so far, and is considered the warmer palette of the two. It has two matte colours, Naked & Buck. The rest are all sort of creamy, shimmery colours. I'd the say the least used ones, generally, are Creep and Gunmetal, which is a shame because they are gorgeous, especially for a nice smokey look. My favourites are Toasted, Half Baked (duh), Buck and Sin. And Smog and Naked and, and and. Yes ok, all of them. The downside is it cost me 40€. Gah. But I think if you look hard enough, you'll find a bargain. I haven't yet tried the Naked2 palette, but it looks gorgeous and I've heard good things about it!


 2. MAC Paintpot in Indian Wood

I got this lovely gem from my sister's fiancĂ© and oh.my.god. I have no words. It is the most gorgeous, beautiful, amazing colour everrrr. It's so soft and creamy and lovely. Also, I find it changes shades all the time, it really depends. Sometimes it's a dark bronzy colour, and other times a light gold. I think it depends on your skin colour, too maybe? 


3.Sleek Storm i-Divine Palette

My sister Naty got me this and it's so gorgeous! They are mineral eyeshadows and are very pigmented and they're so soft and velvety. There are two matte colours and the rest are all shimmery. You can't really tell when looking at the swatches, but there are some lovely colours too, like the dark blue and the green, which is a nice difference compared to just browns and neutrals. Love this palette and it gets a big thumbs up from me.
Warning! The following swatches are ridiculously awful.


4. Eyes Lips Face Warm Palette

My cousin Naomi got me this and is therefore held responsible for my current ELF obsession. This palette is amazing, like the others (I have no favourites).It's a mix of matte and shimmery shadows, and they feel so lovely and soft. It also contains some gorgeous purple-y colours with gold shimmers and I love them so much, purple being my favourite colour. It's amazing and I now love ELF. A lot. Which is my reason for the next post. I refuse to feel guilty.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh they are look lovely, I am a big fan on neutrals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it sad, I haven't got round to using th ELF palette yet because I love Indianwood so much? I've been wearing it every day! IT'S SO PRETTY! I need more haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know I always end up using it too, it's so gorgeous!:) xxx

      Delete
  3. Hahaha i take full responsibility for your ELF obsession! Glad you like it :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)