18 January 2012

I went shopping (Review)

After work, we went to the supermarket and I couldn't resist buying some bits, it's an addiction I swear! My boyfriend and I needed to get some light bulbs and we left with a bunch of new toiletries. By "we" I mean I did, although he did get new razor heads. I'm this bad on a daily basis, what will I be like when I get paid?! Also, I might, possibly, maybe, with a bit of luck be going to England in February. I'm planning something a little bit big and exciting, but I don't want to mention it yet, just in case it doesn't work out. But let's be positive!
Anyway, onto what I purchased/repurchased and what my mum also picked up for me.
First up, a few Dove products. If there's one thing I can never have enough of, it's shampoos/conditioners. I have about a billion, and I love trying new ones, because I feel I've been getting closer to the perfect hair products that work a treat with my hair. I remember my sister saying she was content using her Dove shampoo and conditioner, back when I was getting Lee Stafford stuff in December, and after she left to go back to England after Christmas, I noticed Dove products in the shower. My family would say I'm know to, ahem, borrow other people's shampoo without asking, but the last few years I kicked that habit of wanting what others have, but these looked so lonely. And almost empty anyway. So I used them and my hair felt so, so soft and lovely, even when I let it air dry. It usually goes frizzy and horrible but I really noticed a huge difference using the Dove products. They also smell really nice and the packaging, which is white with gold, is very elegant, if shampoo can be elegant. The ones I got today, the same as the ones left abandoned it the shower (let me just note, if they belonged to my mum or other sister: sorry for using the last bit!), are called Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care, which claim to "revitalise and smooth dry, rough and frizzy hair with weightless nutri-oils". That's my rough French translation anyway, because I'm too lazy to google what Dove has to say about it. But I'm sure it says pretty much that in English. So I got the shampoo, conditioner and a deep conditioner. They also had a leave-in conditioner, but I have my Bed Head Ego Boost for that. anyway, you're supposed to leave the deep conditioner in for about 3-5 minutes, which I did, and my hair is very soft and feels sort of light, but that could just be me thinking it feels like that. It definitely doesn't feel full of product, which makes my hair feel heavy and horrible, which is great! So far, I love this stuff.
Next, I asked my mum if she could find me bebe Relaxing Care Day & Night Cream, which is my moisturiser, and if she could find the bebe face wash, to get that too, please. Problem was, I was at work at the time and didn't have enough time to describe the product in detail, and the shop she went to only had my cream and a toner. Which is great because that means I get to try out a new product! So she got the bebe  Shine Control Oil-Free Face Lotion, which promises a "shine-free complexion, with lemongrass and fruitextracts and it cleanses and gets rid of dirt and excess oils that are on the skin". Again a rough translation, this time from German to English. Using my decent language skills, like a boss. So yeah, I had a bit of a mishap when I opened it and spilt it all over the place, over than that it's great. My day&night cream is great too, I've really seen a difference since I started using it, I get less spots (hardly any now!) and my skin feels really soft and is less patchy. My face wash, which we couldn't find (I looked too, when we went shopping), has also contributed to my improved skin condition. I really love these products and would recommend them to anyone who can get their hands on them. They have something to do with Johnson products, but I'm not sure if they're available in England, or if they're named differently. If not, try www.amazon.de or www.amazon.fr, because it's made in France apparently but is also translated into German, so I think you'll probably find it on one of those. More on my bebe experiences here.
And finally, a deodrant, Fa Mystic Moments Seductive Fragrance*, which I've repurchased because it is a very nice smelling deodrant indeed, probably the best I've ever smelt. My boyfriend loves it, probably because it smells quite "sexy" if that makes any sense?*(I noticed it had seducative fragrance after having written this sentence) It's so nice, and works well, it claims to have "24 hour reliable protection", and this really is a first, I actually believe that. Unless of course you do nothing but sport all day, therefore sweat like a pig, because the only thing that will help you in that case is a shower. It also says "no white marks & skin friendly" which is also very true. No translation needed because it's all in English (apart from the back, that's all in French and Dutch.Grrr) But yeah, this deodrant is great! I love it.
Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Dove stuff, it makes your hair so silky :) That deodorant sounds interesting too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So glad I bought it, it's great!:) x

      Delete
  2. Haha the left over Dove stuff was mine, it was almost finished anyway and my suitcase was too full! I adore it, the deep conditioner that comes in a tube is my favourite! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha sorry! thought so ;)will have to try that next but cactus only had a leave-in conditioner, unless I misread it. But then that means they have 2 conditioners?or just Luxembourg does different packaging :/ xxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)