14 July 2014

Top 10 Lip Products For Spring/Summer

This year has been the year where I have really got into lip products. I used to always forget the lipstick step when doing makeup but I decided that this year I would try to make more of an effort. Lipstick alone can make you look fabulous! So I thought I would put together a list of my absolute favourite lip products that I love to use during the summer months. It's a mix of high street to mid range to high end, so price wise there's something for every budget. There's no particular order to these either. Let me know what your favourite lip products are for the summer!

1. Bourjois Color Boost in 01 Red Sunshine
This is a really nice, glossy muted red/pink colour and it's really moisturising. I especially love using this one when I'm in a hurry because it's so easy to apply. It's waterproof and stays on for quite some time, without staining the lips too badly.

2. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi
I have to admit, the main reason I bought this is due to the name as Lodhi is my surname. But it's actually a really nice colour, especially if you have a tan. It applies really well too. Mine is in a sorry state because my dad accidentally squished it when I showed it to him.

3. Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream in 1 Cotton Candy
This is another favourite for when I'm in a hurry. I adore this shade of dusty rose/pink! It's really creamy when you apply it but it dries matte, which I really like because I hate getting hair stuck in my lipstick or accidentally smudging it.

4. Revlon Lip Butter in 053 Sorbet
This is the only lip butter that I own! It's a dark, glossy fuchsia pink and is really nice for when you just want a hint of colour on your lips. 

5. Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in 49 Liaison
My sister got me this for my birthday and I love it. It's similar in colour to the Collection Lip Cream, but it doesn't' dry matte. I love this for when I do a smokey bronze eye, because it doesn't overpower the whole look. 

6. Nars Lipstick in Heatwave
This is my absolute favourite red lipstick. It's a gorgeous, almost orange red colour and looks great all year round in my opinion. It dries matte too, which is great for me, but if you don't like having a matte lip then just use some lip balm underneath (or over!). 

7. Nars Lipstick in Funny Face
This is my newest addition to my Nars makeup collection and I adore it. I love the name, Funny Face, because it reminds me of my favourite Audrey Hepburn film. And the colour is amazing. It's a blue toned fuchsia pink and again it dries slightly matte. 

8. MAC Amplified Lipstick in Impassioned
The photos don't do this one justice. It's my favourite MAC lipstick and is a sort of bright orangey/dark coral/pink colour. It tends to go more pink on my lips but I don't mind. I especially love this for nights out. Out of all of these lip products, this one stained the most.

9. MAC Frost Lipstick in Costa Chic
I wasn't sure about this one at first, since it's a frost, but I actually really like it. I do prefer using a tissue to dab off some of it when I apply it otherwise it looks a bit weird, but once I do that it looks fine. It's a light peachy coral colour and looks great with a tan.

10. MAC Amplified Lipstick in Chatter Box
Again, this is the shade of dusty rose pink I really like and I love using this when I use brown eyeshadows. I'm not sure why but it's my favourite combo. All of the MAC lipstick I've tried are really creamy and feel really nice on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)