14 December 2011

Sapphire Blue With A Touch Of Fur

Hey lovely readers! This FOTD isn't actually today's, it's last week's but I felt FOLWOW (face of last week on wednesday) didn't sound quite right, so I kept it simple. The reason I didn't actually put it up then is simply because I'm too lazy. I was also busy, but really I could have spared a few minutes of my life to just do the post. So yeah, I was being lazy. 
I felt like doing something different, and I rediscovered this really nice, dark blue eye shadow that I got absolutely ages ago (which in my mind means perhaps 2 years ago), and I still love it. The colour is just so vibrant and actually looks the way it does on the skin. For some reason, I felt the fur collar/scarf thing from H&M went well with the blue, which admittedly sounds mentaaal. So this is last Wednesdays look:
 I really do wonder why my boyfriend wants to kiss such a posey face hah
Moving on!
1) Catwalk Colour Cosmetics Eyeshadow Palette
My trusty Catwalk Palette! I used the bottom middle colour, which is two shades above that dark brown I usually use. So basically this look was just completely different from previous ones I've done. It's a nice, shimmery, skin toned brown, I say skin toned because you couldn't really see it on my eyelid. But that's the look I was going for, I wanted the top sort of natural (why not just leave it bare?) and the bottom to be special. 

2) Studio Secrets Professional Brown Eyes Intensifier
The lovely blue colour! I love it, but I have really only ever used it on my lower lash line. Not sure why, because it'd probably look nice on the top too, but oh well. It's very vibrant, like I mentioned and just so pretty! So I used a cotton bud (because I don't own many brushes, apart from one I borrowed-without-asking from my sister, and a double ended blush/eyeshadow brush from Sephora and a concealor/foundation brush from primark, which I don't use, because I don't use foundation. It's not that I don't like using brushes, I just never bought any) and lined the bottom of my eyelid, over a tiny bit of black kohl eyeliner.
1)      &      2)
And the rest:
random bog standard black kohl eyeliner from no idea where (sorry)
Collection 2000 Super Size Fat Lash Mascara
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2
Lacura Beauty Blusher from Aldi (LOL) it's really nice though, despite being cheap. Will probably get another one.
Collection 2000 Lock N Hold Lipgloss in Beat Box 2
I went to that new Sephora yesterday and oh.my.god. let me just say one thing: Do not go there with your brother or your boyfriend, in my case both, because I was in there for what seemed like days. It was probably 15 minutes. Luckily, as we'd spent ages in Saturn, a technology, games, tv shop, they were patient (and were busy trying all the perfumes lol). Anyway, while picking out some more presents (just can't stop buying things, but it's for others so it's ok haha), I spotted Urban Decay's Naked Palette. Not just spotted it actually, I also managed to somehow buy it. Yup. I spent 40€ on make up. Not sure if my boyfriend and my brother were a tad bit disgusted, but my reasoning was having spent so much on everyone else, I could at least treat myself. And I'm glad I did! I FINALLY HAVE SOME MATTE EYESHADOWS! YAAAY! Will probably do a FOTD very soon using the eyeshadows.

7 comments:

  1. Hi dear!!! Well first off that blue pops out your gorgeous eye colour!!It looks fantastic :D
    And well Pasteis de Nata are made of Nata (cream) and the Pasteis de belém are not, just eggs and... the rest only 3 more people know about it's all a big secret:p. Bottom line Pasteis de Belém are waaayy better than Pasteis de Nata :D at least that's what i think!
    Beijinhos**

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that blue color!!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ana aaaw thanks!that's so sweet :) ooh right ok :p haha they sound so delicious and mysterious :p I'll have to try them :D x

    @ Kim thanks so much! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyes are so beautiful!
    I love the palette where did you bought it? Is it available online?
    Btw, I think that spending that much money on palette or cosmetic product isn't big deal today, I've spent the same amount plus shipping cos it's not available in my country and I love it! It's def my favorite palette in the world. What do you think about Naked Palette 2? I don't like it at all. Colors are bit too frosty for my taste! Love you hun!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, that's so sweet! :) I really don't know where it's from, my nan bought it for me as a christmas present last year I think, and she tends to find things that then won't be sold there again :/ there is a website (http://www.catwalkcosmetics.com.au) but it isn't very helpful. If not, try ebay?
    haha I just felt a bit guilty, because I should be buying more christmas presents :p but it's great and so far I really like it! I'm not sure about the Naked2 Palette, it probably wouldn't suit me, because it's a bit cooler, although the colours look gorgeous :) it's nice that they've done another palette, in case warmer colours don't suit certain people :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Minnie! Really cute make up :-D

    :-D Just to let you know.... I have nominated you for the Versatile blogger award! Click the link for more info!

    I apologise if you have already been nominated! But you obviously deserve two :-p

    http://lovelettersandsnippets.blogspot.com/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you! That's so sweet! I haven't yet, so it's ok :) will get to it as soon as possible :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)