8 December 2014

Charles Worthington Salon at Home Strength & Repair Range

I wanted to try out some new hair products, since I always like change up my routine a bit and had asked my mum to get some Charles Worthington products as she was going over to England anyway.  I picked out the Salon at Home Strength & Repair range and she brought back a whole bunch of products for the both of us.

Shampoo & Conditioner
Out of all of these products, these are my least favourite which is a shame because I really wanted to like them. There's nothing wrong with my usual Nivea shampoo & conditioner but I do like mixing things up a bit when my hair starts to get used to them. I can't pinpoint what is wrong with them exactly, but using both the shampoo and conditioner together just did not work for my hair. I didn't notice my hair's condition get any better and after every use my hair would feel greasy which is obviously not the desired effect. It's a shame because they smell amazing. Whenever I use them with different products, for example this shampoo with a different conditioner, my hair wouldn't be as greasy but it still wouldn't be great. 

Heat Defence Spray
This is my favourite product of the whole range. I love it so much that it has become my go to heat defence spray. It smells amazing, just like the shampoo and conditioner, and doesn't have that weird chemical scent that some sprays have. It protects my hair really well and I've noticed less breakage. Contrary to all of the other heat defence sprays I've used, this one actually doesn't make my hair feel weird when I use it on dry hair. 

Longer & Stronger Hair Masque
This is my second favourite product. The only mask I usually use is my Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Extreme which is a pre shampoo mask, and I wanted to try one that I could use after shampooing my hair. This mask made my hair feel softer and more manageable. I'll definitely repurchase it when it has run out which by the way will take some time as it is quite big.

Split Ends Binder
This is another one of those products that didn't really work for me. It was quite sticky and the minute I put it on, I regretted it. It made my hair feel really greasy and weighed it down quite a lot. I think it's a sample size, so hopefully it didn't cost too much (I can't remember if my mum got it for free or not) but it just didn't work for me which is a shame because if anything can magically get rid of my split ends then it's basically a miracle product.

1 comment:

  1. I love using the Charles Worthington hair masques and mousse. I've never tried their shampoos as I usually stick to L'oreal!

    Hanh x | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)