18 December 2014

Christmas Countdown | Part 8: Nutella & Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

2 mugs of milk
2 tbsp Nutella
2 tsp Nesquik
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Serves 2

Who doesn't love a hot chocolate on a cold winters night? This isn't a groundbreaking and new recipe, but I thought I would share it with you anyway. My boyfriend as given a massive mug shaped jar of Nutella as a Christmas present from a colleague at work and I just had to steal some and make Nutella hot chocolate. Look at it! It's the size of my head! She definitely knows him well as he loves the stuff. I had to add cinnamon because I add cinnamon to everything, especially around Christmas. On to the method!
I measured out enough milk to fill two mugs (just pour it into the mug), poured it into a pan and put it on medium-high heat. I added two tablespoons of Nutella and stirred it really well. Once it had completely melted, I added two teaspoons of Nesquik powder and mixed it all together. When it was hot enough, I poured in a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and mixed it really well to avoid gritty bits. 
I poured it into the mugs (and spilt some) and then topped it with plenty of cream. It's Christmas, it's allowed! 
And that's it! You can alter the amounts to your liking and can definitely use a microwave, but it will probably take some stopping and stirring. 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm I love Nutella hot chocolate! Sadly not something I have regularly :( xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)